Trainee Textile & Upholstery Operative
- Aim to Amaze……Inspire Loyalty
- FDA ……..Function, Design and AHA!
- Passion for People
- Collaborate to Innovate
- Ambition with Humility
- Acting Responsibly
We are looking for a Trainee Textile & Upholstery Operative to be trained in all aspects of Textile and Upholstery operations undertaken by Race Furniture. This includes Pattern Making, cutting and sewing and Upholstery techniques.
I create and own
- The desire to learn both the traditional and innovative skills of high quality, bespoke, upholstery manufacture from a team of professional craftsmen.
- Cultivate an understanding of textiles, sewing techniques, pattern design and upholstery methods required to achieve the desired levels of craftsmanship.
- Develop skills to enable you achieve high quality standards of product manufacture whilst delivering at the required economic and efficiency levels.
- To become an intrinsic member of the team and have the drive to progress within the department through future succession.
I drive the delivery of
- High quality pattern cutting that utalises available material economically.
- To provide accurate material utalisation calculations when costing new jobs.
- High quality sewing to deliver the customers required finish.
- To be able to upholster jobs in a cost effective, high quality fashion in various styles and techniques best suited to the job in hand.
- To follow company Health and Safety, quality and social guidelines while going about your daily duties.
Required skills & experience
- An interest in working with textiles and upholstery.
- The ability to absorb information and put into practice the skills you will be taught
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Mathematical skills
- A propensity to ask for information or guidance when unsure of an instruction.
- A hunger for hard work
- Good hand dexterity skills
How success is measured
- Progression in proficiency of the skills learned
- The ability to display this progression in practical attainment.
- Integration into the team
- Display and appreciation of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.y.
To apply please email Emma Welch at email@example.com with a copy of your most recent CV. No agencies please.