The Race Recruitment Process
Step 1 – Your Application
Let’s introduce ourselves!
We know that you will have spent a lot of time and effort writing your application, so we want you to know that we handle your application with respect. For all the steps in the recruitment process we take you, and your time, seriously.
From the word go we would like to help and guide you in the best way we can. That is how we work. We want to support you to be the best that you can be. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Before you apply, get to know us and the role. Read the job description, check out our values, have a browse around our site. This will give you the opportunity to see if we are a good fit for you.
- When writing your application, imagine that you are already in the role. Tell us about your motivation and how you expect to fulfil the role. We are looking for your strengths and how you see yourself grow and develop in the role. Do you see any challenges? How can we as a company benefit from your skillset?
- Once you have piqued our curiosity in your application, your CV should give us a professional view of your career, educational background, and the competencies you hold which tie in with the job description. Think of the function and design of your CV and – if possible – give us an aha-experience, hint hint.
Step 2 – Your Interview
The Interview Process. Let’s get to know one another.
Yes! You made it to the interview stage. This is your time to wow us, and our time to wow you. Because we know that this stage is just as important for you to find out more about us, as we to find out about you.
Before the interview, take some time to prepare yourself. We cannot wait to meet you!
- Preparing for the Interview… The purpose of the interview is for us to understand you as a person, and your professional background. When you prepare for the interview, think of situations in the past which explain how you work and act, what preferences you have, what is essential for you in your job, and how you add value to the company. During the interview, we will ask for examples – situations where you demonstrate your ways of handling challenges and tasks.
- The first interview typically will be between our Head of HR, the department manager, and you. If you get a call back for a second interview, you can expect to meet HR, your future manager, a colleague, or maybe even the director.
- Remember to prepare any relevant questions to make sure that you get the information you find necessary for you to make a decision.
Step 3 – The Decision
Time to Make a Decision!
You make up your mind. We make up ours.
This decision process usually takes a few days, but we will try and get back to you as soon as possible. We also want you to take this time to decide that we are the company you want to work for! Your decision in this process is just as important as ours!
We let every person we interview know of our decision, whether you have been successful or not!
- So, we’ve decided; You got the job! Hopefully, you are as excited as we are. Our third meeting will in person, online, or by phone. We agree on the terms and conditions and then finalise the employment contract.
- If you are unsuccessful on this occasion. All candidates will receive feedback. Candidates who have been invited for an interview will receive personal feedback by phone. We strive to clarify to all everyone why you did not move forward in the process. Candidates who have not moved on in the process will receive a written reply. In some situations, we reply while the process is still running in order for you to be clarified as soon as possible. In other situations, we respond when the process has been finalised.
Step 4 – Joining the Team
Your Career with Race Begins Here
So, we’ve decided; You got the job!
We then welcome you to the team and start the onboarding process. This is how it works:
- Often there will be a little time between signing your contract and starting your new job with us. During this period, we stay in touch to prepare you for joining. You are welcome to do the same, so you feel as comfortable as possible on your first working day.
- Entering a new job can be quite a challenge. We know. We are responsible for your success in the role. Therefore, a planned meticulous induction is mandatory when you start working with us. We want to make sure that you meet all of your new colleagues, and get a good understanding of the organisation as a whole. The induction also includes following up dialogue with your line manager to ensure that you feel comfortable in your new job. An open and honest dialogue is essential for us because we want you to grow into the job in the best possible way.