The classic theatre seat. Designed to the specification of your space.
Widely favoured by traditional theatres, Race Furniture’s Tempest is the classic theatre seat.
A versatile seating system, the Tempest allows the designer to customise its appearance to suit the unique demands of each space. The Heritage style has a decorative frame as it’s point of difference, adding to the classic theatre appearance.
The Tempest can be found in theatres, auditoria and cinemas around the world.
Remember, these product models are for your reference only. We provide bespoke seating solutions, so while we use these models to form the basis of the seat, they are completely customised to suit your requirements and 100% unique to you.
Widely favoured by traditional theatres, Race Furniture’s Chavenage and Chavenage Heritage are the classic theatre seat.
Features and benefits
- Bespoke seat dimensions
- Wide choice of finishes, upholstery and show wood styles
- Optional additional cupholders and VIP seating
- Customisable arm rests and end-of-row panels
- Customisable seat signage
- Fixed and removable options
- Typically, seats are all FSC® approved, and contain 80%+ recycled steel content
- Fully customisable to client requirements
- Wide choice of finishes
- Upholstered seats and backs
- High pressure laminate (HPL) seats and backs
- Natural solid-woods or natural veneers seats and backs
- Powder coated frame finish
- Wood – Birch plywood seats and back
- Polyurethane upholstery foam (CMHR) seats and back
- Steel – mild steel frame
- Bespoke Specification Fire testing available upon request
- All Fabrics conform to BS 5852:2006 Clause 12. Ignition Source 5 (Crib 5): Medium Hazard
- All Polyurethane Foams are: Combustion Modified High Resilience (CMHR)
These dimensions are for your guidance only. We create bespoke seating based on the product ‘models’ we show here, therefore all dimensions are fully customisable as per your requirements.
- Seat height – 460mm
- Seat Spacing (Lateral) – 520 mm/460 mm between arms; 540 mm/480 mm between arms; 560 mm/500 mm between arms; 580 mm/520 mm between arms
- Row Spacing – Determined from seating layout and constrained by the requirements of: BS 9999:2017 Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management & Anthropometric data for the target user group
- Nominal Height – 900mm
- Nominal Length – 390mm tipped up
- Integrated power and data
- Seat and aisle signage
- End of row panels
- Transfer arms
- Removable seats
- Storage trolleys
We can integrate any accessory, from any supplier, as per your requirements.
- Removeable seats for wheelchair space and DDA compliant writing shelves
Race Furniture’s products can be disassembled with standard tools thereby allowing reuse, refurbishment, repair, and recycling of components. Typically, our seats are all FSc approved, and contain 80%+ recycled steel content. For further guidance on our sustainability procedures and certifications please reference our Sustainability Manual.
Download BIM Model
Download CAD Blocks