The Swan… a vision of clean lines and geometric form
Originally designed for the Sackler Gallery auditorium at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, Swan seating reflects the designer’s vision of clean lines and a geometric form. It was created in collaboration with architects Softroom and showcases Race’s fine craftsmanship and attention to detail. Swan is deceptively comfortable, with luxuriously soft padding to the seat and a profiled lumbar cushion.
It is the perfect seat for auditoria, theatres, and music venues and, like all our seats, can be fully customised to suit each unique venues needs.
Remember, these product models are for your reference only. We provide bespoke seating solutions, so while we use these models to form the basis of the seat, they are completely customised to suit your requirements and 100% unique to you.
Originally designed for the new Sackler Gallery auditorium at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, Swan seating reflects the designer’s vision of clean lines and a geometric form.
Features and benefits
- Variable seat widths and backrest angles
- A wide range of upholstery styles and finishes
- End-of-row panels
- A wide variety of upholstery styles and wood finishes
- Integrated Technology
- Fixed and removable options
- DDA Provision
- Typically, seats are all FSc approved, and contain 80%+ recycled steel content
- Bespoke seat height, width, and back angle dimensions
- Customisable arm rests, end panels
- Fully customisable to client requirements
- Wide choice of finishes
- Upholstered seats and backs
- High pressure laminate (HPL) seats and backs
- Natural solid-woods or natural veneers seats and backs
- Powder coated frame finish
- Wood – Birch plywood seats and back
- Polyurethane upholstery foam (CMHR) seats and back
- Steel – mild steel frame
- Bespoke Specification Fire testing available upon request
- All Fabrics conform to BS 5852:2006 Clause 12. Ignition Source 5 (Crib 5): Medium Hazard
- All Polyurethane Foams are: Combustion Modified High Resilience (CMHR)
We create bespoke seating based on the product ‘models’ we show here, therefore all dimensions are fully customisable as per your requirements.
- Row Spacing – Determined from seating layout and constrained by the requirements of: BS 9999:2017 Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management & Anthropometric data for the target user group.
- Integrated power and data
- Seat and aisle signage
- End of row panels
We can integrate any accessory, from any supplier, as per your requirements.
- Removeable seats for wheelchair space
Race Furniture’s products can be disassembled with standard tools thereby allowing reuse, refurbishment, repair, and recycling of components. Typically, our seats are all FSc approved, and contain 80%+ recycled steel content. For further guidance on our sustainability procedures and certifications please reference our Sustainability Manual.
Product & Spec sheet
Ready to start your project with us?
Submit your enquiry to the Race Furniture team and one of our expert project managers will get back to you!